An important objective of NCCR QSIT is to create an atmosphere where female researchers feel welcomed and part of every process, such as decision-making, research, presentation of results etc. Every QSIT researcher should feel appreciated for her or his contribution.
Our strategy focuses on two major goals:
1. Try to attract more young women to start a career in physics, chemistry, electrical engineering or quantum information theory.
- INSPIRE Potentials - QSIT Master Internship Award
- MINT teaching unit: "Vom Doppelspalt zum Quantenkomputer"
2. Try to keep female scientists in the pipeline of a scientific career
- Lunch meetings to discuss careers
- Opportunity to meet with visiting female speakers
- Networking: QSIT Women Networking! and QSIT ladies regular table
- Support and resources for parents: please , advice may also be found at Useful links
- Prof. Vanessa Wood (ETHZ),
- Prof. Anna Fontcuberta i Morral (EPFL),
- Dr. Ilona Blatter,